The Resume of
A multi-disciplinary, technically skilled leader who is driven by business outcomes.
I create value by seeing the connections between departments and creating solutions that help everyone. I am highly adaptable, self-managed, and always looking to improve. Expertly skilled in on-location video production, photography, and post-production processes. As a multi-utility player, I lean into my emotional intelligence and empathy, which makes me a mighty asset to your team.
I’m on a mission to help creators tell better stories through technology. I grew up with technology in my hands and have been an early adopter of internet marketing and social media as a means of commerce. For example, in 2005, I hosted my first live stream to highlight the thriving start-up scene in Houston.
- I turn complex business issues into simple stories that create positive outcomes
- Well versed in different post-production platforms and highly skilled editor in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- I strive to apply agile methodologies to ordinary tasks.
Publications & Awards
My work caught the eye of Digital Signage industry legend David Haynes who said the network I built while at Home Depot was “like none other I have seen in digital signage.”
[Link to the blog post]
Apex Awards Finalist 2015, 2016, 2018
Top 5 Project Finalist, Ministry of New Media DOOH Awards, United Kingdom
Advisory Board Member, Corporate Comms Expo
Advisory Board Member, Membership Committee, Digital Signage Federation 2018-19
December 2018 – Present
Creative Director, The Dock Line
I came to this company as an independent contractor and created an entire department around me, adding an entirely new line of billables.
- Oversaw the creation of the media production pipeline at Dock Line. Building a technology ecosystem helped us scale from a single-person department to a team of skilled artists.
- Designed and executed the building of Dock Line Studios, a multi-year project that added in-house broadcast quality recording spaces for our clients.
- Directed all in-house and client media production creative resulting in millions of impressions and incredible value for our clients.
March 2018 – December 2018
Head of Content Strategy, ScreenCloud
• Elevated brand presence by serving as public spokesperson at industry conferences, fostering new leads.
• Unified corporate messaging for the brand by spearheading cross-functional initiatives with 3 internal departments.
• Developed and implemented innovative strategies for content creation and curation.
July 2012 – February 2018
Global Custom Commerce [Blinds.com]
Digital Communications Administrator
Feb 2013 – Feb 2018
• Developed advanced digital leaderboard technology utilizing the latest software, driving a 20% year-over-year
increase in customer engagement and satisfaction within the contact center.
• Developed sales training materials under the guidance of Steve Riddell (Chief Sales Officer), resulting in higher close
rates and a 15% increase in Average Order Value.
• Engineered and oversaw the installation of a 70-screen digital signage network, two video walls, and digital experiences across
the corporate campus.
Live Chat – Department Lead
Aug 2012 – Feb 2013
• Utilized expertise in sales methodologies & customer service protocols to develop a world-class live chat customer
experience, resulting in an 85% customer satisfaction rating.
• Optimized overall live chat process efficiency by 75%, enabling manned hours to be decreased while still meeting the demands of clients.
Inbound Call Center Sales & Customer Service Agent
Jul 2012 – Aug 2013
My journey with Blinds.com (Global Custom Commerce) started as an entry-level employee in their contact center. Because I exceeded expectations so quickly in my training, they agreed to put me through both the sale and customer service training so that I would hit the contact center floor at the same time as the others in my class. They immediately moved me into their Live Chat program pilot as a result.
• Exceeded qualitative standards in customer relations by responding to more inquiries per day than required while surpassing the call center’s QA benchmarks.
• Sharpened process automation techniques to reduce hold time, increasing customer satisfaction
• Attained comprehensive knowledge of customer service protocols & sales processes, exceeding expectations during training with a 109% completion rate.
March 2010 – July 2012
Internal Sales, TapeWorks Texas
• Collaborated with 300 vendors to articulate their value & influence investors/consumers at 6 trade shows, garnering hundreds of highly qualified leads.
• Spearheaded promotional efforts during industry events, resulting in new customer acquired & sales growth within the year.
• Maximized sales opportunities by overseeing and developing all e-commerce operations, resulting in a 15% year-over-year growth.
November 2001 – January 2010
Art & Media Director, Hilton Sutton World Ministries
New Caney, Texas
I started as a contractor. I designed and developed their website and custom-built e-commerce platform. At the end of my contract, they expressed a need for television & radio production, allowing me to come on full-time and take over their entire production studio.
- My work accounted for 65% of the net revenue while I was there; I played a pivotal role in the growth of this non-profit.
- Delivered television programs to seven satellite networks with a global reach
- Played a crucial role in change management during critical leadership changes.